NatuRaw Raw Foods
Site Map
Shopping Guarantee
Shipping
Contact Us
View Cart
Store Policies
Account Log In
Your WishList
NatuRAW
Where Natural Science Meets Raw Health
Search Products
>  Welcome to NatuRAW Organic and RAW foods
Welcome to the Steve Adler's Raw Blog

Tuesday, June 20, 2006


Dr Stanley Bass was a pioneer in Natural Hygiene

Dr Stanley Bass was a pioneer in the Natural higene
movement- After years of a high fruit, low fat diet- He crashed and
burned- But regained his health after eating some animal products...
Now I know why Gabriel Cousins is Adamant about Vegans taking b12... --- Brent Hauver


*/Mice and the High fruitarian diet/*
I put a group of mice on a fruitarian diet. But they didn't seem to be eating very much fruit, and they certainly weren't crazy about it. .....

..... When I returned them to the fruitarian diet, after the second day they started the cannibalistic behavior again. They grabbed another young mouse and this time they ate it. The poor thing. I saw it happen.
I was shocked. I'd never seen anything like this. "What happened here?"
I asked myself.
I had given them a fruitarian diet, a diet that some natural health practitioners fervently believe in. Then I added corn, then avocado, foods that fruitarians are not supposed to include, and still I ran into trouble. It really scared me to witness what had happened to my mice. *I worried then and still worry about people who attempt to be fruitarians*.


*/Deficiencies from High fruitarian diet/* ..... To relate the results to humans, this trial seemed to indicate that after being a fruitarian for the human equivalent of three months, humans would show deficiencies and imbalances and health problems. *My results suggested that if a fruitarian lived strictly without cheating he would be able to do so for three months before deficiencies began to show*. _*But since the average fruitarian cheats, he doesn't know the diet doesn't work. If he didn't cheat, after three months his body would start breaking down. He wouldn't necessarily die, but problems would start to develop.*_

I immediately added greens, lettuce leaves, and carrot tops. I was stunned by this experience. I determined that the cause of death was due to *protein deficiencies, mineral deficiencies, and possible sugar poisoning from the excess fruit*. This shocked me. I became so disillusioned that I stopped fruit in all the cages. I had about five cages at the time with about 150*/ /*mice. From there on no mice got fruit anymore. Only later, after many months, equivalent of several human years, did I gradually re-introduce a little fruit


*/Looking for a cancer diet
/*Then I began another diet. At the time I was looking for a nutritional approach to cancer. I was also looking for a diet that had everything the body needed but was close to a fast for those people who couldn't fast. For example, people who were emaciated, people who had a fear of fasting, or whatever. .....


*/How to survive during a famine/*
..... or you were poor, you were broke, and you had a large family it's interesting to realize that you could bring the whole family up in perfect health on dried milk or whole milk plus whole wheat alone and nothing else. .....


*/Toxicity versus deficiency/*
..... In other words, you could live longer if you ate a complete diet which had salt and pepper and contaminants and chemicals, even fluorides in the water, even sprayed chemicals on the food, than if you ate an incomplete diet. But if the foods were whole and natural, you would live longest and healthiest.

..... We are all more or less toxic to some extent, and we all increase toxins in the blood temporarily when we exercise, but we are not all sick. Most bodies can handle a large degree of toxemia for a long time.
*Deficiencies damage us much more quickly. * That's the difference between the two evils.
_*
....... In humans, the deficiencies develop more subtly. You could be a vegetarian on a very imbalanced diet and feel good for five, seven, even ten years, but **after ten years you'd start to fall apart when you have used up your reserves of B12 and D. When that happens, down you go. And once down, it is very hard to get back up.*_


*/The ideal vegetarian diet/*
To jump to the end for a moment. After two years of experiments I concluded that the ideal diet is approximately 75 to 85% raw food, with the rest cooked vegetables .......


*/Testing egg yolk and egg white/*
..... Interestingly, in the raw food vegetarian cage of mice, when I substituted egg yolk instead of cheese, the growth was even more rapid.

..... And all the books were saying, "Egg yolks, stay away from them.
You'll die of cholesterol. They'll give you heart attacks." For me, I considered one egg a good maximum. Two only for emergencies. Even though Dr. Cursio used daily as many as four egg yolks on some patients, their blood pressure dropped steadily. I found the same to be true. Lecithin in egg yolks appears to negate cholesterol deposition in arteries.
When I saw the results with the mice, I changed my opinion about eggs.


*/Greens were indispensable/*
..... *I found that greens were indispensable. I had tested all the vegetables, and I found that the mice preferred lettuce and carrot tops to all the vegetables. In fact, I raised them for over ten years in human time almost exclusively on lettuce. Mostly iceberg because I was able to get the outer leaves free. And they did well even though we know iceberg lettuce isn't the best lettuce. *

..... Every time I made a discovery with the mice I *introduced it with my patients*. I found with each discovery that when I introduced it into the diet of a patient, greater improvements resulted. I was excited. I was into new territory, and I saw no limit to the tremendous knowledge that could unfold. Dr. Cursio was also excited because my findings helped to verify his work as accurate.


*/Maximum amount of fruit to eat/*
..... You should eat no more than two to three varieties daily of medium fruit - like an apple, an orange, and a banana. Save bananas for the end of the day. Or half a cantaloupe and a mango. Or two medium grapefruits and a handful of cherries.


*/Gorillas, orangutangs and chimps/*
...... I'm going to tell you something interesting. The highest apes related to man are the gorillas, the orangutangs, and the chimps. A chimp will eat maybe up to 50% fruit, but they are nervous characters.
Now the orangutang will eat up to about 15% fruit. The orang's a beautiful animal and much more gentle and lovable than the chimp. *But a gorilla eats only 3% fruit. Did you know it will bypass fruit for vegetables and shoots? ...*..


*/In closing/*
..... the solution is simple. *Small adjustments in the raw food diet can help users avoid slowly developing but disastrous health problems*.
These small changes can lead to optimum longevity and magnificent health
- physically, mentally, and spiritually.
As a believer in raw food vegetarianism myself, I feel a moral imperative to share the disturbing, surprising results of my experiments with mice. *I hope to help health seekers avoid hidden dangers in their journey toward health, strength, and happiness*. I hope my discoveries have shed a little light on your journey.


------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also read:
*Animal experiment - vegan rats die early and have low energy*
Excerpt from a 1912 scientific experiment on albino rats. The purpose was to compare the effects of a vegan (strictly vegetable) diet and an omnivorous diet. E.g. /"The ratio of omnivorous to the vegetarians in regard to efficiency = about 5 : 1." /


Also read: *With Three Generations of Vegetarian Hygienists*
and *Dr. Cursio's Vegetarian Diet and Food Plan*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home